Have you ever been blown away by how well another designer made their work look aged and worn? I know I have.
Obviously, there's a lot of little things that make a design look truly vintage. Subtle offsets, halftones, texture. But there's one thing that almost every designer I know misses.
It's a subtle yet powerful effect that drills into your subconscious mind. It's hard to put your finger on it until someone points it out. Any ideas what it is?
What is ink starve? Ink starve is the effect that occurs after a printing plate pushes into a sheet of paper. As the plate rises of the paper the ink pools toward the center slightly. The result is a subtle grainy lightening around the edges.
INKCHAMP SIMULATES THIS SUBTLE YET POWERFUL PRINTING PLATE EFFECT.
- InkChamp gives your work a subtle, yet powerful vintage effect called ink starve
- This effect brings life and warmth to your otherwise clean and sterile work
- Comes with actions, brushes, and an easy-to-follow instruction manual
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS5 and above
Hardware: 2.4ghz processor or higher
Memory: 16gb RAM or higher
Storage: 20.9 MB
"RetroSupply packages are fantastic resources for adding authentic finishing touches to my projects."
Brad Woodard - Brave the Woods
Here's what's included in the pack:
- 1 InkChamp high-resolution plate simulator action.
- 1 InkChamp high-resolution plate simulator with FREE subtle rough edge effect.
- 1 InkChamp high-resolution plate simulator action (with built in instructions).
- 5 magic paper textures (not really magic, just seeing if you're paying attention).
- Champ's Super Soft Brush Set (3 brushes).
- InkChamp manual.
- 2 video tutorials (coming soon).
Here's what's not included:
- Ink offset effect. You can grab that here: http://bit.ly/P1x8FX
- Halftone effect. You can grab that here: http://bit.ly/1iDZxJH
- Any of the graphics. They're just examples of the magic you can do ; )