Don't lose a minute of sleep with our Better Than Money Back Guarantee.Learn More
RetroPress for Adobe Photoshop
Authentic Retro Printing Press Action for Photoshop
Say hello to Retropress - Photoshop Action Set!
Retropress makes it easy and fun to add an authentic retro printing press look to your designs. Just select your artwork, click a RetroPress action and you have a retro look in seconds.
- Add an authentic retro printing press look to your designs
- RetroPress is easy to use! Just select your artwork, click a RetroPress action and you have a retro look in seconds
- Includes several useful actions such as Ink Viscosity, Roughness, Halftone, and more
- Follow along with the Video Tutorial to see how we used RetroPress
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS6 and above
Hardware: 2.4ghz processor or higher
Memory: 16gb RAM or higher
Storage: 4.12 MB
Retropress includes these useful actions:
- Ink Viscosity - Ink soaks into paper and spreads based on how thick it is. That's called viscosity and it's essential to getting a realistic print effect. Retropress gives you three viscosity actions (light, medium, and heavy.
- Roughness - Look at a printed newspaper or magazine from circa 1950 really close (go ahead, I'll wait). You'll see the edges of the ink aren't smooth but have a slightly rough edge. This subtle touch if often missed when designer try to create a retro print effect. Retropress includes 3 roughness settings.
- Ink Texture - When ink soaks into paper it flows over the small paper fibers and pools in between. This creates a subtle texture. With Retropress you get an easy to use action that let's you adjust the intensity as you see fit.
- Halftone - Back in the day you'd find halftone printing everywhere (images created from small dots). RetroPress gives you an authentic halftone effect in black ink and color.
- Tutorial Video - I've included a tutorial video that shows you how to install and use the actions. These actions are super easy to use but I thought it might be useful to see them in action (no pun intended).
Here's all the cool stuff you DO get:
- 3 Ink Viscosity Actions
- 3 Roughness Actions
- 1 Ink Texture effect with adjustable intensity.
- 3 Black Ink Halftone Effects
- 1 FREE Bonus Color Halftone Effect
- Tutorial video documenting my workflow for using the actions.
Here's what you DON'T get:
- he retro ad designs.
- Aged background paper.
- No fonts.
NOTE: RETROPRESS WAS DESIGNED TO CREATE A RETRO NEWSPRINT EFFECT. IT'S RECOMMENDED THAT YOU USE IT ON ONE COLOR ARTWORK. RESULTS WILL VARY ON COLORED ARTWORK.