We've got your back with this epic masterpiece of photocopy goodness.
- Use textures on large prints with no drama (AKA no pixelation).
- Crisp bitmap textures pop off the page and bring out the best in your work.
- Big, diverse brushes let you create custom photocopy masterpieces.
- Includes intuitive Smart PSD for instant results when you're feeling lazy (like having a Photoshop guru building your file for you).
- Scanned at a monstorous 1200 DPI so you can use this pack on big projects.
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS6 and above
Hardware: 2.4ghz processor or higher
Memory: 16gb RAM or higher
Storage: 752 MB
Made from 100% Real Photocopies
Inspired by 90s alternative rock flyers, half-dead high school photocopy machines, and the possibilities of cheap mass duplication.
The Photocopy Hate Machine textures and resources were lovingly assembled for you from REAL photocopies. Made in REAL copy shops. With REAL people staring at us like we were crazy.
Then we scanned and processed these at 1200 DPI to capture every speck of toner.Here's everything you get when you buy the pack:
- 55 photocopy bitmap TIFFs (average size of 10,000 x 13,000 pixels)
- 75 photocopy Photoshop .abr brushes (average size of 2000 pixels)
- 1 Smart PSD set up for instant results (4000 x 2662 pixels)
- 1 Photocopy Hate Machine Brush Reference Sheet
- 1 Photocopy Hate Machine Bitmap TIFF Reference Sheet
- 1 Photocopy Hate Machine Instruction Sheet
Grab the Photocopy Hate Machine, crank up your favorite 90s alternative album, and make some photocopy magic!
Choose the Texture Type That's Right for You
Each project you work on is different. So you need the right tools for the job. That's why we're giving you three different ways to add photocopy textures to your work.Texture Type #1. Bitmap TIFFs
These high-resolution files are your bread and butter. Throw 'em on to your design and they do their magic.Texture Type #2. Photoshop Brushes
Photoshop brushes (.abr files) are as classic as a Fender Strat. They're also flexible and dead simple to use.Texture Type #3. Smart PSD
Ahh, the lazy man's method for creating great looking photocopy work. Just place your work into the file, adjust the settings, and export your file. It only takes 1-2 minutes to get killer results. But clients and friends will think it took hours.
Harness the Power of Bitmap TIFFs
Up until about a year ago I didn't know what was so great about bitmap TIFFS. Then I was watching a tutorial one day. The dude placed the bitmap TIFF into Illustrator. Then he got the Eyedropper Tool and selected a color.
Like magic this complex raster texture turned into a sharp, eye-catching texture that I could use in Illustrator. It was like discovering a long lost hidden treasure!
The point is, bitmap TIFFs let you relax and enjoy your work. The textures can be applied painlessly. No hassle. Just great looking textures.
Photocopy Textures from the Wild
You probably know that when it comes to textures we love making products as authentic as possible for you.
The Photocopy Hate Machine is no exception.
Suzanne Sarver (partner in crime at RetroSupply Co.) knew from the beginning that we wanted REAL photocopy textures. Ones no one else could get but us.
So we swallowed our pride and proceeded to go to copy shops and get concerned glances as we used copy machines the WRONG way.
Imagine if Sonic Youth was a two people that experimented with copy machines instead of sound. That's us (okay, we're not really that cool - but it's a nice picture).
You Deserve the Best... so we worked our asses off.
You spend your days perfecting your craft. Whether you're an illustrator, an in-house designer, a bass player making your bands artwork, or a dabbler in the dark arts of design.
We put the same hard work into making a texture pack you'd love.
We wanted you to have a texture pack that you'd come back to time and time again. And if you love the gritty toner goodness of copy machines this is the pack for you.
We hope you enjoy using the pack as much as we enjoyed making it!
The RetroSupply Better-Than-Money-Back Guarantee
We're sure you'll love your new RetroSupply Co. product. But if for any reason it's not a good fit just let us know in 60 days. We'll give you a prompt refund. All we ask is that you give us some feedback on how to improve the product. No hard feelings. No third-degree.
What's up with the name Photocopy Hate Machine? Yeah, it's a funny and weird name. The idea came from a long conversation about what a hate machine is (per NIN Pretty Hate Machine), a hilarious comic from The Oatmeal that uses the phrase "printer hate machine", and the term pretty hate machine on Google Answers.
Watch the video below to see Bitmap TIFFs in action.
Watch the video below to see Photoshop brushes in action.
Watch the video below to see Bitmap TIFFs in action.
Here's a secret video I took of my first trip to the copy shop...
- DSDorothy S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars4 months agoGreat textures. High quality.
Love it!Was this helpful?
- PCPeter C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars10 months agoReliving my teenage zine making years.
Definitely one of the best assets I’ve used from rsco. I’ve always been a fan of the diy aesthetic. This nails it Bang on. Pretty much everything you need to create that perfect photocopy lookWas this helpful?
- BBryceI recommend this productRated 5 stars2 years agoToo Great For $19!!
This bundle is far better from my expectation , worth every penny to those whole lotta textures and brushes . For my photography project this is such a game changer!Was this helpful?
- KSKenneth S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars2 years agoAuthentic look and feel
The Photocopy Hate Machine gives a good variety of authentic feeling photocopy results.Was this helpful?
- ASAndrew S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars3 years agoGreat bundle!
Needed to make a photocopied aesthetic for a zine, and these were exactly the textures I needed!Was this helpful?RCRetroSupply Co.3 years agoThat sounds like the perfect use for the pack! Tag us on social and share it if you have a chance. Would love to see it. thanks for the review, Andrew!