No Sketching. No Pens. No Drawing Tablets.
Learn how to draw bold vector portraits in Adobe Illustrator with our special guest Emir Ayouni of Growcase and The Forefathers Group.
Emir rarely does online events sharing his tips so this is a rare and exciting chance to gain some knowledge from him. Check out his work here.Here's what you get in the LIVE webinar:
- Learn Emir's exact process for creating portraits. From finding and leveraging existing images of the subject to hard learned tricks of making a portrait come alive in vector format, Emir will share all his best insights from 20 years of illustration.
- Live 90 Minute Q&A/Demo Session. Get a chance to ask Emir any questions about his techniques you want and see him demonstrate them live. This is one of the most valuable parts of this package because you can get your specific questions answered.*
- Recording of Webinar.
- 120 Minute Webinar Recording with Emir Ayouni. Previously recorded webinar with Emir Ayouni full of vector goodness. The original webinar got mixed reviews (see review section below) due to slightly blurred video when screen sharing. Plus, we tried to make it a relaxed atmosphere as Emir worked but that was a negative for some people. The upcoming LIVE webinar you'll receive with this package will be a bit more structured.
- 4 Part Instructional Video. Recorded in his home studio, follow along with Emir as he takes you through his steps for creating a vector portrait. It's broken up into easy-to-follow sections so you can easily find what you need. Plus, this recording is very sharp and easy to see every detail of what he's doing on screen.
- Emir's Secret Sauce Rounded Corners Script. A script from Emir's personal archives that allows you to round corners beautifully with one click. Includes instruction and usage PDF.
- 2 Pieces of Example Artwork by Emir (Adobe Illustrator files). Emir has shared his working files with you so you can see his shape and line work. Ideal for reverse engineering.
* Note: Live webinars can sometimes be slightly blurry or lagging. This can result from a poor internet connection on our end our your end. We will do everything we can to avoid this but expect that the video him working live could be slightly blurry.
Storage: 371 KB
What Kind of Illustrator Skills Do I Need to Get Value from This Webinar?
You'll find value in this webinar whether you're a beginner or professional illustrator. That being said, you should have experience working in Adobe Illustrator and be familiar with the basics of the tool panel (Pen Tool, Selection Tool, Direct Selection Tool).
About the Illustrator
Emir Ayouni is the owner of Growcase and affiliated with The Forefathers Group™ A global conglomerate design studio franchised in Tulsa, New Jersey & Gothenburg.
Emir's love of illustration and design started as a kid.
"I drew my own Garbage Pail Kids cards and MAD Magazine Covers and just dreamt about one day getting to do something like that for a living. So I guess I was always into design, just not professionally."
"Fast forward, through the teen years (when beer, moonshine and friends were far more exciting than pencils), to 1997, when I was studying in Stockholm and all the computers there had Photoshop installed. So on my off time, I started to learn it by myself and from there, I schooled myself on the various Adobe software available and made the transition from pen and paper to mouse and monitor."