Not sure how to best use your new paper textures? We're here to help!
Can't Watch the Video? Here's what you missed
- Open the layers panel. The paper texture and effects are located in a folder.
- When creating a new layer, make sure it is below the paper and effects folder. Tap the + icon. Name the layer accordingly.
- You can now either: (A) Start drawing with a pen brush. (B) Add in a sketch to trace or color in.
- Click the actions icon. Choose insert a file. Locate your file on your iPad and click on it. Adjust the size by dragging out one corner. Click the mouse icon when you are done.
- Adjust the texture depth. Click the letters Cb on the Adjust Texture layer. Adjust the opacity slider until you get your desired texture depth.
- Adjust the ink effects. Click the letter S on the Adjust Ink Effects layer. Adjust the opacity slider until you get your desired ink wear.
Create in color
The ColorLab Comic Color Kit, halftone brushes that make it easy to add authentic color and shading that look like they came straight off the presses. Get it today and present your work in glorious technicolor!
Other Tutorials We Think You'll Enjoy
How to RESIZE HALFTONE BRUSHES in Procreate
Halftones are a great way to bring an authentic retro texture to your work. But if your art isn't one size fits all, your halftones shouldn't be either! This step-by-step guide will show you how to resize your halftone brushes in Procreate.
PROCREATE MASKS DEMO
Adding texture to your work can bring charm and a touch of vintage to your otherwise squeaky clean digital art. Follow along as we show you two lightning-fast ways to add retro charm to your art in Procreate using Clipping Masks, Alpha Lock, and Layer Masks.
SEVEN TIPS FOR THE PROCREATE APP YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT
Whether you’re already familiar with Procreate or opening it for the first time, we’ll be looking at our top 7 features and gestures to help you move around the Procreate interface like a pro!