How to Draw a Portrait of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. in Procreate
In honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day we're teaching you how to draw a Procreate portrait of the leader and community organizer.
Illustrator Brad Woodard of Brave the Woods has not only created this illustration, but he’s created a tutorial to show you how to make it, too.
In this tutorial you'll learn:
- How to use source material to make your portrait realistic.
- How to choose the best brushes for portrait painting in Procreate.
- Brad's best tips for digital illustration — whether you're a beginner or experienced illustrator.
We recommend using this Procreate brush pack created with Brad Woodard for this illustration.
Want to see more historically-inspired tutorials from Brad Woodard? Be sure to check out his YouTube channel here. It's packed with drawing tutorials, product reviews, and more.
More Tutorials You Might Enjoy
- How to Draw a Retro Camp Illustration in Procreate
- How to Make a Retro Editorial Collage in Photoshop
- How to Make a Retro Monster Illustration in Procreate
- How to Illustrate a Winter Scene Using Lines and Fills in Procreate
- How to Make Your Own Vintage Wall Art
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Tutorials
In this tutorial, we're going to show you how to make a beautiful fruit illustration in Procreate. We'll use simple geometric shapes, a minimal color palette, and some rich gouache inspired textures.