Create Lush Gouache Style Illustrations with this Clip Studio Paint Brush Pack
"So much detail! How in the hell did you do that?"
That's the question that I've read probably a dozen times below Adam Grason's work.
Luckily, now you can use the same brushes that Adam Grason and so many other illustrators use in their work.
Be sure to look carefully at the brush previews to see how the brushes are used and the diversity in the pack.
Here's what you're going to get:
- 68 gouache brushes for Clip Studio Paint
- Works fantastic with pressure sensitive tablet
- Get rich gouache effects in Clip Studio Paint in a few minutes. No more hours of searching for weird textures to add on top and then mask in odd angles.
- Perfect for flexible illustrator work for posters, books, and other artwork that must be able to scale.
- Brushes pay for themselves in one project easy.
- Compatible with Photoshop.
Here's a detailed list of everything you get in the pack. We tried to anticipate every type of brush and resource you would want in a gouache pack like this.
- 8 gouache liner brushes for giving the edges of objects a textures feel.
- 20 fixed width gouache shader brushes for consistent application of texture
- 20 varied flow gouache shader brushes perfect for layering and building up texture
- 20 varied size gouache brushes perfect for getting in tighter and more detailed areas
- Easy-to-follow instructions
Start Getting Rich Gouache Brush Effects in Photoshop Today
If you've ever seen illustrations with rich classic textures that are full of depth, this brush pack is for you.
Its uses are nearly endless. And it will help you achieve a time-consuming and frustrating effect with ease (and probably a smile on your face).
Software: Clip Studio Paint
Hardware: 2.4ghz processor or higher
Memory: 8 gb of RAM or higher
Storage: 31.5 MB
- DGDirk G.Verified BuyerI recommend this productProduct Standouts Fast results, Ease of useRated 4 out of 5 stars2 weeks agoGood but not gouache
I wouldn’t say I was misled at all because I seen the preview and still wanted to try. This essentially is grain and grit shaders, not gouache. And as that, they are very good, the various choices for application are very welcome. The liners unfortunately do mostly seem like recycled pen brushes, two of them are also very computer heavy for me personally. Unusable with my current laptop. Only one liner slightly resembles “painting.” I would mostly likely rather just use the pen pack (my review on that upcoming) in place of the liners.
- SEShawn E.Verified BuyerI recommend this productProduct Standouts Excellent instructions, Value for Money, Great Quality, Fast results, AuthenticRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoLoving these brushes!
As a professional cartoonist, I am always looking for new digital tools. As I have been returning to more retro artwork, I discovered Retro Supply and bought several sets of brushes!RCRetroSupply Co.3 months ago
Thank you for your purchase! We're grateful for your continued support and are happy to hear you're enjoying Gouache Shader.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review!
-The RetroSupply Co. Team
- CFChrista F.Verified BuyerI recommend this productProduct Standouts Ease of use, Authentic, Fast results, Great Quality, Value for MoneyRated 5 out of 5 stars5 months agoVery well made!
These brushes are really nice! Especially for lineless art; they give it a good texture! 10/10 would recommendRCRetroSupply Co.5 months ago
Thank you for taking the time to review your purchase of the Gouache Shader brushes! We're happy to know they work well for you. Please feel welcome to tag us if you share you work to social media so we can see what you've made!
-The RetroSupply Co. Team
- MDMaria del V.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 out of 5 stars9 months agoA good way to paint digitally
This is a review specifically for the Clip Studio Paint version of the product.
This brushset is a good option to get some texture into your work. It is possible to recreate retro style artwork by either using them to illustrate the whole picture, or simply to shade and render an existing one. The brush variety is interesting, especially for the Liner brushes, and in general it covers a lot of ground.
What I'm not personally thrilled about is that the bulk of the pack is made out of repeating existing brushes, but with different Width/Flow settings. Such settings are easy to turn on and off in the brush customization area, so having separate versions of the brushes to accommodate these settings feels more like filler than true brush variety.
Overall, I'd recommend this pack to anyone of a medium to high level of digital painting skills, as you have to know what you're doing with these, but they're a great tool to elevate your work to the next level. I have not had the time to try it yet, but I anticipate that using the Color Jitter setting with these brushes will make them even more interesting to use.RCRetroSupply Co.9 months ago
Thank you for your purchase and your honest review of Gouache Shader brushes. We appreciate your feedback and will keep it in consideration for future products.
Thank you as well for sharing your example art! You've used the product in a unique and exciting way.
-The RetroSupply Co. Team
- LLlloyd L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars11 months agoThe usual drill...
I have bought this product when it was first released exclusively for illustrator (correct me if I'm wrong) and I was hoping it will have a raster release and when it did..the black friday early deals was the best time to get it so of course! I got it. Coming from a long time patron (since 2016) RetroSupply has never disappointed me. I am only disappointed with myself if i don't get to use their stuff more often than I should. Thanks Dustin and gang for the wonderful stuff you put out.