Don't lose a minute of sleep with our Better Than Money Back Guarantee.Learn More
ColorLab for Procreate
Buying Options $49.00Buy now, download later • Easy install on your device
Get Authentic Vintage Halftone Colors
ColorLab makes getting retro archival comic effects fun and easy.
This industrial-strength collection of brushes, swatches, textures, and templates will help you achieve the cheap comic effects of your dreams with ease.
We designed this pack with care so you can fine-tune your work. Get clean comic halftones or gritty smudged pulp print textures with ease.
- Authentic comic color halftones. We created this set from historic color formulas, color charts, and manual color matching with vintage comics.
- Devilish details. We know that it's the little details that make these effects magic. That's why we've carefully emulated color sequences, screen angles, and ink bleeds. It's all built in so you can focus on your work.
Historic paper templates. A big secret to emulating vintage CMYK colors is how they interact with the paper. We've curated 8 archival paper samples including newsprint, kraft paper and more.
- Non-destructive texturing. Everything can be dialed in including paper aging, ink textures, fading, and comic grading imperfections.
Easy to use. We've cut out as much of the confusing garbage as possible. No clunky actions, extra layers, or careless file bloating.
Software: Procreate 5.0 and above
Hardware: iPad Pro or iPad 2017 or higher
iPadOS: Version 13.2 or higher
Storage: 2 GB
- 125 process color files (pre-mixed)
- 8 paper texture templates in three sizes
- 3 brush pen inking brushes
- 10 print defect
- CMYK color palette
- 12 non-pressure sensitive halftone brushes
- 9 pressure sensitive halftone brushes
- ColorLab Color Chart
- 3 short and snappy videos to get you up and running in minutes
There's nothing like vintage comics. The yellowing paper. The smudged ink. The musty smell of chemicals and newsprint.
And of course... cheap color halftones.
This is the stuff that our love of 1960's comics, cheesy mail-order ads, and bubble gum packaging is made of.
Unfortunately, these effects are insanely hard to achieve digitally.
Even with tutorials, brushes, and filters, the results can look mediocre
And to rub salt in the wound, a few select artists capture this look in their work. But they're tight-lipped about how they do it. Why? They know these kinds of authentic results are hard to pin down and make their work irresistible.
ColorLab makes achieving these retro archival effects easy and fun.
With an industrial-strength collection of brushes, swatches, textures, and templates, you can achieve rich vintage color halftone effects.
Get tight and clean comic halftones or make it gritty pulp print textures with ease. No other kit offers this much control to fine-tune your work.
Plus, we've included two ways to create your effects. Manually and with premixes. Whether you want to fine-tune every ink spot and registration error or want rapid results for a looming deadline, we've got you covered.
No other halftone or comic kit offers the options, control, or software compatibility.