The Classic Comic Ink Brush Pack
This set of custom inking brushes for Procreate includes 11 brushes inspired by vintage comic books. These brushes pay tribute to illustrators like Bob Bugg and Robert Clarke of MAD Magazine.
Each brush has been custom made to deliver the retro looks you love. Get energetic and expressive lines, lines with a subtle gritty texture, pens that emulate the look of ink bleed effects on cheap newsprint, and more.
Whether you're a professional illustrator looking for a reliable pack of inking brushes or just need them occasionally in graphic design work — these brushes have you covered.
Ink brush set includes:
- 11 Procreate vintage comic ink brushes (.brush format)
- 6 ink spray stamp brushes (.brush format)
- All the go-to brushes you need including: classic ink, comic book, dry ink, wet ink, liner brush, fountain pen, runny inker, and more
- 1 PDF reference guide
- 1 PDF installation guide
Software: Procreate Version 5.0 and above
Hardware: iPad Pro or iPad 2017 or higher and Apple Pencil
iPadOS: Version 13.2 or higher.
Storage: 24 MB
Brushes for inking. These brushes were developed with feedback from professional retro-inspired artists like Robin Banks. We also did side by side comparisons with archival comic book illustrations to truly capture the look of retro comic inking.
Feel like real inking pens. All the brushes included in the pack are pressure sensitive and optimized for your Apple Pencil.
Diverse brushes. Our goal was to make a vintage ink kit that was diverse and includes a wide range of visual tones to use in your work. Here's the brushes included in the pack:
- Vintage Pen
- Vintage Fountain Pen
- Vintage Italic Tip
- Classic Fountain Pen
- Classic Ballpoint
- Smooth Liner (perfect lettering brush)
- Stub Tip
- Designer's Brush Pen (possibly the most powerful brush in the pack — used for inking, lettering, ink bleeds, and fills)
- Felt Tip Brush Pen
- Runny Fountain Pen
- Retro Toothy Pen
- 6 Subtle Ink Spray Stamp Brushes (perfect for adding ink flaws)
- FFFirmansyah F.Verified BuyerReviewingStandard Pens for ProcreateI recommend this productProduct Standouts Excellent instructionsRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoIt feels like a traditional pen on paper.
There are several pen variations available that are perfect for vintage styles. It's like using a pen on paper and doing traditional inking.RCRetroSupply Co.1 month ago
Thank you for taking the time to review your purchase of Standard Pens! We're so happy to know that you are enjoying them and find them to be realistic. Happy creating, and thank you for supporting us!
-The RetroSupply Co. Team
- IVIsmael V.Verified BuyerReviewingStandard Pens for ProcreateI recommend this productProduct Standouts Great Quality, Value for Money, Authentic, Fast resultsRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoAmped up my Art!
Before I had bought the Pens for Procreate,I was using the Ink Bleed Brush to Give my art an Old styled Aesthetic.It was fine but had flaws (To loose and thin without much Pressure diversity,Had holes in lines so when filling it in it wouldn’t look complete,Etc) so when I looked out to get a new Brush,I Found RetroSupply.I have been looking into their products and they are just what I needed and the one in particular was their Brush Set.I saw it and ended up buying it.I have been using it ever since.My Favorite is the Ramen Brush,With the right settings and size,it is a Great Inking brush and for Lettering.The quality of my line art was boosted from Ok to Great.They are worth the Purchase and if you know where to look you can get a variety of deals! 11/10 Would buy Again
I would also consider buying their Edges and Folds Pack later down so they look worn and old (As the style I go for)RCRetroSupply Co.2 months ago
Thank you for your purchase and detailed review! We're so happy we could help you find a brush that works for you and your art. Thank you for including examples as well!
We appreciate your support and hope to have you as a customer again soon.
-The RetroSupply Co. Team
- MMMark M.Verified BuyerReviewingStandard Pens for PhotoshopI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoWOW
I just recently got into digital art after seeing a few videos from Chris Piascik. I'm a professional Art Director and Fine Artist and didn't consider art/illustration on the digital side as it didn't have the same 'feel' as the traditional process. Well, it's a whole new world and I'm all in. Thanks for making such an awesome product!RCRetroSupply Co.4 months ago
Thank you for choosing our products to usher you into the world of digital! We're glad you're enjoying Standard Pens. Thanks for including your work as well! If you need any help with using your new tools please always feel welcome to reach out at email@example.com.
-The RetroSupply Co. Team
- BBBraxton B.Verified BuyerReviewingStandard Pens for PhotoshopI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars9 months agoSmooth and Fluent!
Every brush is smooth, fluent, and consistent! An excellent baseline kit for a variety of styles.
- FRFERNANDO R.Verified BuyerReviewingStandard Pens for PhotoshopI recommend this productProduct Standouts Value for Money, Great Quality, Ease of use, Authentic, Fast resultsRated 5 out of 5 stars3 weeks agoGreat pens!
I loved this package. This is my first RETRO SUPPLY CO purchase and it was well worth it. I really bought it for one drawing pen that gave me a smooth line that I could variate in thickness. It worked great… I’ve already done some great illustrations with it in Photoshop. Here’s one I did with the pen. With this package… I also got a whole bunch of other pens … some distressed and some with nice textures. Plus… the price was RIGHT! Highly recommended!