Don't lose a minute of sleep with our Better Than Money Back Guarantee.Learn More
[Ebook] Freelance, and Business, and Stuff by Amy Hood & Jen Hood
Buying Options $10.00
How to start your own business, grow your client base, and promote yourself without selling out or starving.This no faff, no fluff guide is peppered with applicable advice (things we learned from starting our own business), unasked-for humor, and worksheets (homework, gasp!) to help you just get started already. Because raw talent and good ideas aren’t enough. And because you can do this. Really. By Amy Hood and Jen Hood, co-founders of Hoodzpah, Odds & Sods (a goods line), and Connecting Things (a creative meetup).
This freelance business book includes:
- Worksheets to help you work out your hourly and flat rate pricing, budget, and more.
- Checklists of key to-do items for new business owners
- Guides to creating a business plan, setting up a project workflow from contract to completion, and determining the health of your company.
- Unasked-for, unnecessary humor from yours truly
- Tons of personal tips on how we do business at Hoodzpah
- Suggestions on how to win more pitches, present proofs, and get approvals
- Thoughts on promoting yourself without making yourself and others cringe
- Recommended resources for insurance, accounting, bookkeeping, contracts, and more
- 13 chapter opener posters that you can easily razor out and hang on your wall.
- The occasional typo or rambling sentence that makes this book edition rare and unique in 20 years!
Please note that this is an eBook PDF version only.
Software: PDF Viewer
Hardware: 2.4ghz processor or higher
Memory: 16gb RAM or higher
Storage: 26.4 MB
Fom Amy & Jen:
We never thought of ourselves as writers. But we kept getting the same questions about how we started our business. After thinking about our mistakes, wins and lessons learned, we wrote it all down into a freelance business book. Freelance, and Business, and Stuff is for anyone looking for more control in their creative career. Freelance can truly enrich your life. And you don’t have to be full-time freelance to enjoy the perks. It can be a way to make side cash to supplement your income; to test a new profession or skill without ditching your steady day job; and to work on projects that fulfill you (if you’re feeling stifled or stagnant at your day job). When you run your own freelance or creative business, it gives you more power to choose how you work (when and where), what you work on, who you work with, and how much you make. The gain is more flexibility and control. The tradeoff is more responsibility.