Runny Inking Brushes for Illustrator
The Broken Inkers Brush Set is the perfect brush set for creating realistic inky pen effects in Illustrator. This brush pack is ideal for a wide range of uses including comic books, cartoons, hand lettering, and more.
- 8 runny inking brushes for Adobe Illustrator.
- Kit includes a wide range of runny inking Illustrator brushes including drizzles, gloops, beaded ink, blotchy ink, and more.
- Works great for comic books, cartoons, illustrations, lettering, and more.
- High quality brushes developed and tested by professional illustrators.
- Includes easy-to-follow Illustrator brush download instructions and brush quick reference sheet.
Software: Adobe Illustrator CS4 and above
Hardware: 2.4ghz processor or higher
Memory: 16gb RAM or higher
Storage: 249 MB
An Illustrator's Secret Weapon
If you're a cartoonist, comic book artist, or illustrator these brushes are your new secret weapon. Retro illustrators use to "season" their pens to get this effect. Their exact methods were a closely guarded secret. But we've cracked the code and converted these "seasoned" pens into runny inkers that will make your friends beg to know how you got the effect.
How are Broken Ink Pens Made?
Runny pens are the result of a variety of culprits including ink drying and gumming up the tip, air pressure, or a misaligned feed and nib setting.
Whatever the reason, a runny inker can create excellent looking illustrations filled with quirky character and surprises.
The problem is it's hard to make a pen behave this way.
That's why we made the Broken Inkers Brush Set for Adobe Illustrator. These Illustrator brushes make it easy to capture the dribbles, gloops, blotches, and other textures an old ink pen can create.
Here Are the Pens You're Getting
These inking brushes for Illustrator give you a wide range of effects in eight professional made brushes including:
Create a line of beaded ink drops that look so natural you can practically smell the carbon and solvent used to make the ink.
Get a fine line of drizzly black India ink that is perfect for more detailed line work.
Watch thick blobs of ink make a controlled mess with this classic inker.
A thick toothy line of black ink.
Lolly's Skipping Ink
Why's it called Lolly's Skipping Ink? I can't remember anymore (blame it on the ink fumes). This inker is complete chaos.
Old Faithful Inker
Add just a touch of dribble to your work with the Old Faithful Inker. Inspired by the illustration work of Shel Silverstein.
Old Faithful's trouble-making older brother. This pen gives you plenty of control but has a rebellious streak.
What a friggin' mess! The Jiggly Inker is like a flash flood of dark ink rolling across the page. Use it to create gigantic blobs of black or crude cartoons and lettering.
If you're looking for runny inking brushes for Illustrator, this pack is for you. Just look at the preview images to see all the possibilities this diverse set of Illustrator brushes offers.
Grab 'em now and capture the look of quirky illustrations, comics, cartoons and more.
- ACAdam C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 out of 5 stars2 years agoMy go to brush set!
I purchased this brush set to give my illustrations a retro feel — It hasn’t let me down yet, but my only complaint is that the set does not handle corners or stroke width variation very well - Other than that, it’s my go to brush set!
- RPRoberlan P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoVery good retro resource
Awesome brush set for illustrator. That help achieve that vintage distressed look. Esse to install and use and perfect for retro artwork. Recommended.
- LJLara J.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoBroken Inkers brushes add the perfect hand drawn touch
I love the look of these brushes! They give my art a slightly messy edge that cuts the perfection of digital artwork back just the right amount. A very worthwhile purchase!
- SSScott S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoBroken Inkers
Really nice to have this in the arsenal. I bought it and within a few minutes used them on a poster to achieve a "vintage comic book" style line. Pretty much perfect. Very easy to install and master. Nice variety of lines and doesn't really bog down Illustrator processing speed!
- LLLloyd L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoAwesome
The kind of perfect craftsmanship I expect from RetroSupply has never faltered..ever! Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!