Finally, Convincing Paintbrush Effects for Illustrator – Created by the Guy Who Wrote the Book on Illustrator
If you use Illustrator you've experienced the frustration of finding high quality Illustrator brushes.
Today I have something really special for you. It's called the Dragstrip Illustrator Brush Kit. This set of brushes will make your vector work look like it was made with a paint brush.
Did I mention these brushes were created by Von Glitschka? The guy who literally wrote the book on using Illustrator?
- Get vector brushes by the award-winning Illustrator master himself, Von Glitschka
- Vector paint brushes so realistic you'll think it was made in Photoshop, or better yet, by hand!
- Add warmth and visual interest to your work with the texture these brushes provide
- 26 TIFF versions of the brushes (so you can recreate them in Photoshop or use them as source material to build your own Illustrator brushes)
Software: Adobe Illustrator CS5 and above
Hardware: 2.4ghz processor or higher
Memory: 16gb RAM or higher
Storage: 211 MB
Von's has done incredible work for brands including Nike, Wendy's, Capri Sun and he recently created the new Dungeon & Dragons brand!
In fact, Von's work has made such an impact on the design world that some versions of Illustrator come loaded with his work as examples!
Here's what's included in the Dragstrip Illustrator Brush Kit:
- 26 diverse Illustrator brushes created using a Hake brush and black acrylics.
- 26 TIFF versions of the brushes (so you can recreate them in Photoshop or use them as source material to build your own Illustrator brushes).
- Dragstrip Quick Reference Guide so you can quickly choose the perfect brush.
- Painterly and splatter texture overlays for adding realistic final touches to your work
- 2 pieces of professional quality reference artwork from Von Glitschka (so you can see exactly how he uses the brushes to achieve stunning results).
You've Got to See These Brushes in Action
Take a look at the example images. Von's included some amazing artwork showing just how realistic these Illustrator brushes look.
In fact, when Von first sent me the email artwork I couldn't believe this was made in Illustrator! I was sure it was Photoshop. Until I opened the AI file... then my mind was blown.
I asked Von how he suggests using the brushes and he had some great tips:
"You start with simple shapes that have a fill color and a matching stroke color. Then it’s all about experimenting by drawing other lines and applying brushes to them. If you deconstruct the usage sample files you can discern how I compiled the elements and how they work together to achieve the look and feel."
"Controlling a brush comes down to the shapes of the path, picking a stroke color which sets the brush color, selecting size of path which determines stroke width, setting the opacity and using blend modes to interact with other colors and create the illusion of painting."
Buy the Dragstrip Illustrator Brush Kit Now for Just $19
Okay, so to summarize you're getting the entire set of 26 Illustrator brushes, 26 TIFF versions of the brushes, 2 example usage files you can deconstruct and the Dragstrip Quick Reference sheet.
All made by one of the world's leading vector artists!
I can tell you from using this pack – the example files alone are easily worth $19. You'll learn so much just by deconstructing these examples.
It's worth grabbing this kit now, so you have it on hand when you need it. I know you'll be thrilled with the results you achieve!
Take It for a Test Drive with the Free Sample Pack!
Want to try it before you buy it? You can download the sample back below. Remember, the sample pack contains 5 brushes NOT in the Dragstrip kit.
All we ask is if you love the sample pack you consider purchasing the premium pack.
When you purchase the Dragstrip Illustrator Brush Kit you'll get 26 additional Illustrator brushes, the high-resolution TIFF files, example images and the Quick Reference Guide.
About Von Glitschka
Von is principal of Glitschka Studios a small boutique design firm located in the Pacific Northwest. Their diverse range of illustrative design has been used by some of the most respected global brands. We creatively collaborate with ad agencies, design firms, in-house corporate art departments, and small businesses to produce compelling illustrative design.
- TWTimothy W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars2 years agoDrags Trip
Used this for the first time on a logo which was looking good but lacked a certain something - utter transformation for the better!Was this helpful?
- KCKenneth C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars2 years agoLove all these toys
I call them toys, but these are serious products that add so much to illustrations. They make art look organic, not robotic and flat.Was this helpful?
- MMMaryna M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars2 years agoGreat)
I like it)Was this helpful?
- VGVeronica G.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars3 years agoLooooove them!
Great variety of size and effects.
Very easy (and fun!) to work with.
Thank you!Was this helpful?
- LBLisa B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars3 years agobest brushes on the market!
best brushes on the market!Was this helpful?