Stop giving yourself carpal tunnel with repetitive stippling work.
Use the Drunk Sailor | Vector Stippling Brush Pack to add the stippling effects of your dreams in seconds.
Do you work in illustrator? Imagine creating perfect stippling and shading in one mouse click instead of hundreds of dots.
Say hello to the Drunk Sailor Stippling and Liner Brush pack. Perfect for spicing up your illustrations fast.
Here’s what’s included in the pack:
- 38 stippling brushes made from real pen and bristol board.
- 20 pen liner illustrator brushes with subtle stroke variation.
- 5 speciality brushes including ropes, stars, and dots.
- 3 Illustrator files of the preview artwork to get ideas and inspiration.
- 1 easy to follow instruction guide on how to install Illustrator brushes.
- 1 quick reference brush guide to quickly preview every brush up close.
- Works with both a mouse and iPad Pro/Apple Pencil
- Compatible with Adobe Illustrator CC and CS6
- FREE updates for life.
Software: Adobe Illustrator CS6 and above
Hardware: 2.4ghz processor or higher
Memory: 16gb RAM or higher
Storage: 234 MB
Grab The Essential Illustrator Brush Bundle and get this pack and tons more for 70% off the regular price.
Here's why these are the best stippling brushes for Illustrator
- Made using real stippling brush techniques taught in art school.
- Works with a mouse, tablet, or iPad Pro and Apple Pencil.
- Pressure sensitivity gives you 100% control (great for getting into small areas).
- Seamless stippling textures so you don't have to worry about weird seams.
- Created using bristol board and micron pens scanned in at 600 DPI.
- Tons of variations based on stippling, pointillism, dot art, and dot tattoos.
- Includes stippling brushes for edges, transitions, and filling areas.
- Easily change the color of your brushes.
- Designed for easy layering to create the exact effect you want.
Adobe CC or Adobe CS6
Drunk Sailor is a set of art, scatter and pattern brushes made exclusively for Adobe Illustrator. Loading them is quick and easy (and we've included a simple installation guide).
iPad Pro and Apple Pencil
I've been playing with these brushes almost exclusively with my iPad Pro and Apple Pencil and it works like a dream. The brushes are pressure sensitive and it speeds up my workflow. I use screen sharing software like Astropad (Standard) or Duet connected to my iMac via Bluetooth.
Any type of Wacom tablet you currently use with Illustrator will work as well. Note: it won't magically make a 20 year old Wacom tablet work if it didn't work for other stuff ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- CBCharles B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoRight Brush Set at a Reasonable Price!
As a graphic designer I’m a long time Adobe Illustrator user primarily for creating logos, but I’m fairly new to using brushes and actually illustrating. After searching high and low on the internet for some quality shading patterns and strokes I settled on the Drunk Sailor | Vector Stippling Brushes from Retro Supply and I have been very happy with the different looks I have been able to achieve in my initial illustration. I have seen other brush and shading packages I could buy but I was only disappointed that what I had to buy was an annual subscription and I wasn’t interested in dropping hundreds of dollars for something I would only use on occasion. Fortunately RetroSupply had what I needed for a reasonable price!
- MMMeredith M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4 years agoamazing
love these brushes!!
- JLJacquelyn L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4 years agocool
They're cool! I wish for 30 bucks they came with more options like a color palette or textures.
- CCCindi C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4 years agoI'm having so much fun...
I may never do any paying work this month, trying all the different ways to use these brushes. I love these!
- SSergeyI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4 years agoPlease stop
Please, stop, stop producing brushes. I own these ones for procreate, and I would say the stipple ones are the best on the market. Just save my money. Stop producing awesomeness on a constant basis =)RCRetroSupply Co.4 years agoI'm glad you like the packs so much, Sergey. It really does make my day to hear you're getting good use out of them. Hopefully they pay for themselves in time saved (and fun)!