A Library of 21 Seamless High-Resolution Paper Textures That Simulate the Look of Real Ink
Phantom Paper is a diverse library of 21 high-definition, truly seamless paper textures that work like magic. Easily make your work look like it's printed, painted, or drawn on real paper.
What makes Phantom Paper different than other products?
An exclusive library, not a huge download. Download only what you need and save time and space or download everything with one click — you choose!
- Truly seamless. High-resolution paper textures (300 DPI) with well-hidden seams so your textures work on any size project.
- Easy to adjust. Textures include a base layer and a highlight. This creates the illusion of true depth and paper grain texture.
- Massive variety. No repeats or useless paper textures. Here are the diverse paper textures we've included: butcher paper, classic comic, cold press, construction paper, eggshell, gouache paper, hot press, kraftboard, laid paper, mummy paper, newsprint, onionskin paper, paper bag, Pea-Chee folder, rag paper, rice paper, seed notebook, speckled kraft paper, trade rag, and uncoated matchbook.
- Degrading PNGs. Add authentic touches with drag-and-drop PNGs that blend perfectly, including creases, oxidation, creases, water stains, and more.
Each paper texture has its own unique qualities, making it flexible whether you need to add a touch of analog goodness or rich depth and texture. Our two-layer system gives you fine-grain control over the intensity and shadow of the paper.
Plus, you can easily resize textures to any size, adjust blending modes, and convert to greyscale for your own unique look and feel.
Hardware: iPad and Apple Pencil
Software: Procreate 5.0 or higher
Download: 30-50MB (varies by paper texture)
When I was eight years old my dad showed me a trick called the Haunted Hanky.
The magician puts a handkerchief on the table, whispers some secret incantations, and slooowwly the handkerchief begins to dance and move on the table.
That was the beginning of a lifelong love of magic. So when we were working on this paper texture pack there was a point where we demoed the Laid Paper on a piece of art and the effect looked like pure magic.
These paper textures will give you the same thrill as one of those magic tricks your uncle would show you when you were a kid. So we thought it was only fitting to design the pack to look like a beginning magician's guidebook.
Grab the pack, add some vintage magic to your work, and impress your friends!
- SAserge a.Verified BuyerReviewingPhantom Paper for ProcreateI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 week agophantom paper for procreate
- MDMaria del V.Verified BuyerReviewingPhantom Paper for Clip Studio PaintI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 weeks agoMagical Papers
This is a review specifically for the Clip Studio Paint version of the product.
There's no way around it, these paper textures look amazing and are simple to use. The variety is wide and the quality lovely. Also having the first Paper Boy set (through Color Lab) I don't notice much similarity between both sets, so that's a plus too. You may have to do a little fiddling with the opacity or perhaps other settings (the default layer mode to use is Through, but when pasting the texture on an existing file it sets itself on Normal. Simply change it back to Through and you should be good to go) to get the best result for your specific work, but it doesn't take much time to play around, especially if you do have the kind of paper you want in mind (The one thing about the great variety is having to take some time to play around if you don't already know the effect you want to use).
Overall I'm happy to recommend this to any lovers of fake digital paper, whether your work is retro or not. My personal favorite texture is the Uncoated Matchbook.
(P.S. I couldn't get CSP to properly record switching through the paper layers so I can only show off one in the video this time, and a video editing wizard I am not. Sorry!)RCRetroSupply Co.2 weeks ago
Thank you for your detailed and honest review of Phantom Paper! We're grateful you took the time to be thorough and guide future customers. Thank you for your support!
-The RetroSupply Co. Team
- JCJim C.Verified BuyerReviewingPhantom Paper for PhotoshopI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 weeks agoJust the thing!
(Caveat: I'm not a designer, but have Photoshop skills, so I get called on to make things.) So, these were little tricky to get working, but once it made sense, worked great. Band leader was looking for something retro. So, rather than relying on kitchy fonts or patterns, I went with distressed album approach. The papers and finishing effects worked great. I even ended up figuring out how to adapt one for the wear pattern of the vinyl inside the sleeve. Very happy with the collection and the price.RCRetroSupply Co.3 weeks ago
Thank you for your purchase and honest review of Phantom Paper! The textures in Photoshop can have a bit of a learning curve. We're glad you could get the hang of it and use it in your project. It turned out great!
Thank you for supporting us, and happy creating!
-The RetroSupply Co. Team
- ABAgung B.Verified BuyerReviewingPhantom Paper for PhotoshopI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoGreat Texture!
Creating 100% vintage look such an easy way, even if you need learn a little it's worth a shot!.
Love the texture and bonus finishing effect! (Chef Kiss)RCRetroSupply Co.3 months ago
Thank you for your purchase and for taking the time to review Phantom Paper! We're happy you enjoy it. Thank you for including your example art as well!
-The RetroSupply Co. Team
- JCJasmine C.Verified BuyerReviewingPhantom Paper for ProcreateI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoTop quality
After doing some research I figured out that this was the best option to go for with the look I wanted. It comes with amazing options and the ability to manipulate it to your needs. Definitely will be using RetroSupply for all my procreate needs xRCRetroSupply Co.4 months ago
Thank you for your purchase, Jasmine! We're grateful for your feedback and are happy to hear that you are enjoying Phantom Paper.