The Ultimate Collection of Retro Glitch Effects and Overlays
Create retro-style glitch distortion effects in this Photoshop texture pack using our collection of Smart PSD's, overlays, and brushes.
- 3 high-resolution RetroGlitch Smart PSD's (4000x3000).
- 27 high-resolution glitch overlays (4000x3000px .tiff).
- 25 high-resolution screen overlays (4000x3000px .tiff).
- 4 high-resolution texture overlays (4000x3000px .tiff).
- 3 pixelation brush tool presets.
- 1 in-depth colored instruction PDF
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS5 and above
Hardware: 2.4ghz processor or higher
Memory: 16gb RAM or higher
Storage: 3.8 GB
I remember watching football games on my mom and dad's analog television. This was before remotes (you had to twist the channel knob and it made these loud clicks).
The television had rabbit ears. You constantly had to tweak and adjust them to watch your show. And sometimes some weird glitches happened.
RetroGlitch is our way of packaging up all those glitches and imperfections. With this pack you can drop photographs and illustrations into the Smart PSD's and instantly get 100% customizable effects.
Prefer to use brushes? We've included a collection of glitch brushes made from tortured televisions and other electronics.
Here's some fun facts about the pack:
- I bought an analog television from Goodwill and tortured textures out of it.
- We dug deep into the online subculture of glitching to discover what effects were most desirable (then packaged them as overlays)
- We focused on true retro/analog glitch effects (real noise, pixelation, tube decay, etc.)
- Just place overlays on top of your work and change the blending mode for instant glitch effects.
- Place your work in the Smart PSD and click save. Instantly see glitch effects that can be 100% tweaked how you want them.
- You can destroy the entire image with our dangerous filters or create a glitch as a subtle touch.
- RetroGlitch was made in my garage late at night over the course of a week. I set up my Canon DSLR and took hundreds of photos of the analog television.
If you're a designer, illustrator, or developer who likes to experiment in your work this pack is for you. With over 70 different assets and nearly infinite combinations you're sure to find the right touch for your next project.
- ANAmanda N.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoThis is neat!
I'm a newbie, just getting started, so I don't know how valuable my opinion is. So far the retro glitch bundle is pretty neat. I think I thought I would use it for more things, but I haven't yet figured out what exactly I'd want to use it for. I like that they used a legit tv to figure out the different fx to create. Ultimately it's kinda neat! Stoked to use it for something.RCRetroSupply Co.2 months ago
Thank you for purchasing RetroGlitch and taking the time to write a review! We appreciate your honesty. RetroGlitch is a niche tool. We'd be happy to help you find a use for it or another product that fits better with your artwork. We are glad you can appreciate the attention to detail in using an actual television. We pride ourselves on creating realistic analog tools for digital artists.
Happy creating, and thank you for the support!
-The RetroSupply Co. Team
- JEJanet E.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoGlitchy Glitchy!
I'm so happy with Retroglitch! I used it to glitch type on a book design and the author loved it. Thanks again, Retrosupply!
- MPMate P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoVery good.
First I thought it will be just a boring photoshop action kit, but than when I downloaded it and I seen that basically I have beside many great stuff pixel brushes, I was sooo happy. Just think about it, you can do whatever with a brush what simulate pixels!
- BMBen M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoRetro glitch
Good deal with the photo copy hate machine bundle makes things look sick as heck
- RFRandy F.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoPretty Impressive
I always admire how organized Retrosupply is, and how they go the extra mile to ensure you learn how to properly utilize their tools. This Retroglitch, is fairly easy to use and provides multiple options that can leave you with sufficient amount of alternative aesthetics to fit your needs.