Don't lose a minute of sleep with our Better Than Money Back Guarantee.Learn More
The Blacksmith - Type Roughening Action for Adobe Photoshop
Printing Press Actions for Photoshop
Get a Vintage Roughened Text Effect in 57 Seconds Even If You're a Photoshop Newbie!
This print effect has become REALLY popular. I've seen designers use it on everything from handcrafted clothing labels to typography for bands like Mumford and Sons.
- Easily roughen your type to make it look like it was printed by a vintage printing press
- 1 Blacksmith Printing Press Photoshop action with built in instructions. Just load the action and press play
- 1 Blacksmith Printing Press Photoshop action without instructions, so you can work even faster without pop-up instructions
- 4 Blacksmith Printing Press Brushes: a curated collection to easily age your work
- 100% non-destructive and 100% customizable
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4 and above
Hardware: 2.4ghz processor or higher
Memory: 16gb RAM or higher
Storage: 4.52 MB
Note: The Blacksmith is one part of The Mid-Century Print Pack – a collection of 5 premium vintage print actions. Grab the entire pack and save. Click here to see The Mid-Century Print Pack.
Back in the day (19th century) this kind of work was done with a printing press like the ones made by Miehle Printing Press and Manufacturing Company in London, England. This mechanical approach to printing as well as hand crafted typography resulted in prints with small flaws and imperfections.
You can still get this effect today. Well kind of, you just need to buy an old printing press : / If you do your research you can get a really small one (size of a shoebox) for around $500. If you're seriously into vintage printing you can pick a larger professional sized one for $3500 or more.
But if you don't have room in your garage for a printing press The Blacksmith action does a good job of simulating the look of these old presses.
This non-destructive Photoshop action will give you the same look in less than a minute. Plus, it's 100% customizable. So no matter what size work you're using the action on the results will look great.
Here's What You'll Get When You Get The Blacksmith Printing Press Action
- 1 The Blacksmith Printing Press action with built in instructions. Just load the action and press play.
- 1 The Blacksmith Printing Press without instructions. Work even faster with no pop-up instructions.
- 4 The Blacksmith Printing Press - A curated collection of brushes to age your work.A read-me file (because instructions are good) for installation and using the action.
There's nothing better than working with a vintage printing press. But if you're a busy designer (or don't own an 1813 Colombian Press) this action works great!
Don't wait! Start making authentic looking ink effects today! Buy Now! : )