Here's how to give your images a 1950's style illustrated effect in Photoshop
This illustrated photograph style is common in 1950's advertising. Characterized by high-contrast colors, a granular texture on the image, subtle halftones and print flecks.
The way to do this used to be by using a variety of brushes and filter manually.
By combing filters, blending modes and brushes you can build up a really authentic illustrated photograph style. The only problem is that this can take hours.
Plus, there's no guarantee that it will even work.
The RetroSupply Photo-Baker Makes It Easy
The RetroSupply Photo-Baker is a single customizable action that you can use to give your images that classic illustrated photo look.
- Easily give your images an authentic 1950's illustrated photograph style
- 1 Photoshop action that helps you quickly create an illustration style photo
- 100% non-destructive and 100% customizable
- Comes with easy to understand instructions
- BONUS: 2 FREE Brushes from the Subtle Retro Print Texture Collection
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4 and above
Hardware: 2.4ghz processor or higher
Memory: 16gb RAM or higher
Storage: 1.33 MB
Here's what's included in the RetroSupply Photo-Baker Kit:
- 1 easy to use action that will help you create an illustration style photo fast.
- Bonus Freebie: 2 new brushes from the Subtle Retro Print Texture Collection.
- Easy to understand instructions.
- Coming Soon: Premium Photo-Toaster video tutorials
Don't wait. Grab the kit today!
Simply click Play on the action and the Photo-Toaster will guide you through a series of pop-up sliders. The result is a great looking illustrated style image.
Things not looking quite how you want? No problem. Everything is non-destructive and 100% customizable. Just adjust blending modes, opacity and double click on effects. Tweak to your hearts content.
Watch the Demo Video Below
- MSMatteo S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars1 year agowell
awesome like every retro supply product
- MSMatteo S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars1 year agowell well well
great product and easy to use. Best if you test with some image for undestrand the best usage for you. You can run the action with instruction. Reccomended
- ASAmanda S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars3 years agoOne of my new faves!
I love creating lots of 50´s 60´s, retro inspired graphics and while working with real product photos I had problems figuring out how to get the effect quite right but this makes it so quick and easy and I love that you are able to adjust along the way. Great product!
- JFJennai f.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars3 years agoGreat photoshop action
Very easy to use and the step by step instructions are very helpful.
- AOAlejandra O.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars4 years agoCool effects
Perfect to give that vintage look! loved themRCRetroSupply Co.4 years agoHappy to hear that you love them, Alejandra!