How to start your own business, grow your client base, and promote yourself without selling out or starving.This no faff, no fluff guide is peppered with applicable advice (things we learned from starting our own business), unasked-for humor, and worksheets (homework, gasp!) to help you just get started already. Because raw talent and good ideas aren’t enough. And because you can do this. Really. By Amy Hood and Jen Hood, co-founders of Hoodzpah, Odds & Sods (a goods line), and Connecting Things (a creative meetup).
This freelance business book includes:
- Worksheets to help you work out your hourly and flat rate pricing, budget, and more.
- Checklists of key to-do items for new business owners
- Guides to creating a business plan, setting up a project workflow from contract to completion, and determining the health of your company.
- Unasked-for, unnecessary humor from yours truly
- Tons of personal tips on how we do business at Hoodzpah
- Suggestions on how to win more pitches, present proofs, and get approvals
- Thoughts on promoting yourself without making yourself and others cringe
- Recommended resources for insurance, accounting, bookkeeping, contracts, and more
- 13 chapter opener posters that you can easily razor out and hang on your wall.
- The occasional typo or rambling sentence that makes this book edition rare and unique in 20 years!
Please note that this is an eBook PDF version only.
Software: PDF Viewer
Hardware: 2.4ghz processor or higher
Memory: 16gb RAM or higher
Storage: 26.4 MB
Fom Amy & Jen:
We never thought of ourselves as writers. But we kept getting the same questions about how we started our business. After thinking about our mistakes, wins and lessons learned, we wrote it all down into a freelance business book. Freelance, and Business, and Stuff is for anyone looking for more control in their creative career. Freelance can truly enrich your life. And you don’t have to be full-time freelance to enjoy the perks. It can be a way to make side cash to supplement your income; to test a new profession or skill without ditching your steady day job; and to work on projects that fulfill you (if you’re feeling stifled or stagnant at your day job). When you run your own freelance or creative business, it gives you more power to choose how you work (when and where), what you work on, who you work with, and how much you make. The gain is more flexibility and control. The tradeoff is more responsibility.
- FFFirmansyah F.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4 days agoFundamental guidelines for starting a freelance career
I found this ebook really helpful for my freelance work as a graphic designer and illustrator. Learning basic and fundamental rules is so helpful.
- SRSimon R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoExcellent book at a fraction of the cost.
It's a very interesting and educational read, I'm about to go through it again, not due to any failings in the authors ability to convey the information, but once you've read it, it is useful to read along as you figure out your path. This book, in softcover form is over $200 in my local currency, it's worth it, for 10 bucks?! Just put it in the cart.RCRetroSupply Co.1 month ago
Thank you for your purchase and for taking the time to write a review! We try to keep our prices competitive so that as many people who would like to try our products can do so.
We appreciate your support!
-The RetroSupply Co. Team
- AMANDRZEJ M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoa lot of useful knowledge
a lot of useful informations, in not too long bookRCRetroSupply Co.1 month ago
We're glad our freelancing eBook is useful. Thank you for the support!
-The RetroSupply Co. Team
- DBDan B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoValuable Info
There is no substitute for advice from people who have actually done what you want to do. Almost like calling in a favor from one of the "big guys!"
- BGBrenton G.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoFreelance and Business and Stuff
Still reading. Still enjoying great content...RCRetroSupply Co.2 years agoThank you for the nice review! I'm glad that you are enjoying the product. Let us know if there is anything that we can help you with. Have a great day!