The Secret to Warm Analog Grain & Noise Textures
If you're an illustrator and want to bring the magic of warm analog textures and noise to your work, this is going to be the best thing you see today!
Our Lo-Fi Subtle Grain and Noise Brushes put all the classic paper and ink textures you love in one handy library. From the soft graininess of newsprint to the beaten gritty look of comic books abused by the dirty oily hands of a teenager — we've got you covered.
We dug deep in our stockpile of vintage relics to find the best subtle textures for adding grain and noise to your work. These textures were carefully chosen from our expeditions to antique shops, garage sales, flea markets, and attics.
Watch the Brushes in Action
Now you can warm up your work with a catalog of analog imperfections. Here are some of the textures you can achieve with a little experimentation:
- Subtle texture of ink and newsprint
- Rough bristled dry brush shading
- Toothy grit of ink on thick cotton paper
- Warehouse ink and labeling defects
- Soft textured ink and paper oxidation
I have to point out just how inspiring it is to have this volume at your disposal. To use textures that were curated and collected by people who love this stuff from real junkin' adventures and hours of browsing through crates of catalogs and comics.
Here's everything that's included:
- 12 Lo-Fi Grain and Noise Brushes. Perfect for capturing the look of ink on newsprint, subtle grain shading, crisp kraft paper, aging, ink fade, and other subtle vintage-inspired looks.
- 12 Lo-Fi Experimental Texture Brushes. Ideal for adding charming imperfections like ink scuffs, toothy paper textures, gritty dry brush shading, and print errors.
- 2 Lo-Fi Texture Secrets Tutorials. Quick video tutorials showing you how to add noise textures and grain shading in Procreate using masks and layers.
- 1 "Slow Burn" Paper Texture Template. Instantly add print aging and the "slow burn" textures and nuanced fading created by oxidation.
- Easy to follow and always up to date instructions. Our instructions are an extension of our help center. So instructions are always up to date.
- Free updates for life. All RetroSupply products are saved to your account and updated for free. We update products approximately once a year to support new software features and user feedback.
Software: Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo
Persona: Pixel Persona
Hardware: 2.4ghz processor or higher
Memory: 16GB or RAM or higher